Sunday, 7 October 2012

Life Drawing 02.10.12


 These are my drawings from my second class. During this lesson we were asked to focus on the negative space when drawing the figure. I am happy with my sketches from this week, especially the two above as I was able to finish them within the given time.


1 comment:

  1. Megan!!! You're alive ;)

    Great to see some movement on here at last, I've been worrying about you :(

    But - hurrah - the life drawing arrives; it can be very difficult to make a pencil drawing go 'pop!' on your blog, but one way is to take these images into photoshop, turn them black and white, and then use levels and/or brightness and contrast, to turn the pencil black and the paper white, and lend some additional impact to the imagery. We've had a number of students find very expressive and engaging ways to archive their drawing exercises - check this blog out for some inspiration (indeed, if you're looking for an exemplar of how to develop a highly engaging creative development blog, you could do no better than take some time to study this one).

    http://jolantasketch.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Life%20drawing

    It goes without saying that I'm very much looking forward to your blog kicking up a bit more creative buzz from this point onwards. I'm assuming you've been getting stuck into this project, but that your internet issues have been holding you back from engaging more productively. I hope any gremlins are sorted now - if you are still experiencing issues, just email me to let me know - indeed, should you want to discuss anything, dropping me a line is always fine, and talking with me in person probably better!

    So - Gormanghast - that black finger of stone etc. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete