Sunday, 10 November 2013

Character Design - Class Exercises

In our first class I was randomly given the genres mutant and pirate and asked to quickly design a character.

During our next class we looked at the shapes that make up characters. This exercise involved taking a character, identifying the shapes within the design and changing them.

For the next task I took an image of Disney's Scar and drew him in a more iconic style.

I was given the environment of a music room and asked to design Anthropomorphic characters using objects that would be found within the space.

Our next exercise was to design a character as a prop, still maintaining the feel of the character. I chose Tigger and designed him as a pogo stick.

Our next lesson focused on understanding the anatomy of male and female characters. I took the character Gru from Despicable Me and focused on the structure of his body. I think the centre image was the most successful. The left image is my interpretation of Gru as a female character.

Next we used structure to change the character. First I designed an overweight Gru, followed by a child-like version of the character. Then we were asked to experiment with completely changing the style of the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment